Tuesday, May 01, 2007

So Much has Happened since my last post.....

I'm feeling so guilty!!! I've been lurking so much that I haven't posted anything for 3 months. I don't know how everyone keeps up with their blogs. But I enjoy everyone that I visit and discovering new blogs. I've been wanting to join a swap and I decided to join one. I came across Missy at Crafty Carnival this was her first time hosting one. The name of the swap is First Aid kit swap. I thought that I could handle that since I am a Girl Scout Leader. I really enjoyed it. Missy paired me up with Raesha I really enjoyed putting together my swap for her. It got me back to the sewing machine. I made a heating pad that you put in the microwave to heat up (I've been wanting to make one for so long) I made the pattern for it and now I'm going to make more for Mother's Day. The little book is made of felt, and the cover has a Red Cross that I used wool roving and a felting needle that I purchase about a year ago and I been wanting to use but didn't know what to do with it. Here are pictures of what my swap looked like:


So this swap really gave me the opportunity to be crafty. There always seems that there is something else that I should be doing. So I'm hoping that this will be a beginning to something new. If been absent from the crafty thing for a long time.


So not only did I do the swap but I went to my first crop for a long time. I finished an album while I'm up to date on a Halloween Album that feature's a two page spread for every year since my oldest has been born. So that is 15 years of Halloween pictures! boy the time fly.This page below is one of my favorites in the album. I made it about three years ago. You pull down on the cat and it reveals more pictures, of the friends that went with us out that night.

1 comment:

Little Snoring said...

Your swap package looks wonderful, I am sure that your swap partner must have loved it! I especially like the notebook - very cute.

The Halloween scrapbook looks wonderful too. I know how you feel about lurking instead of posting, I do it all the time!