Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reflecting on their Childhood.

My "Baby" is a 14 year old! I just can't believe how fast time flies. I do remember, when I just had the girls people telling me "that the time flies when they are growing" boy, does it ever! I like to reflect on each of the girls birthdays. What we used to do, when they were babies, toddlers, grade school age. I think, we had loads of fun. Now that they are in high school and 8th grade I can see how the things we did have impacted their likes and dislikes. One loves to scrapbook and the other doesn't ( I don't know what I did wrong there...LOL), one likes to sing where the other like thinks she can. One likes to garden where the other one can care less.One like to draw where the other doesn't. But then again there are things that they both enjoy. Reading, spending time with family and traveling. Well, maybe it's not even what we use to do that shaped them! It's just how they were born. I did enjoy them so much when they were babies, toddlers and in grade school. We did so many things, I do miss those days, sometimes. They are wonderful teenagers. I could not have asked for such beautiful young ladies to be part of my/our lives. They make me laugh, make me think, they definitely keep me on my toes. I have enjoyed every chapter of their lives and I look forward to each of their new chapters that they begin to life on their own ( with me by their side of course!) because before I know it in a few months one will be off to college and the other one will be starting high school!

No comments: