Saturday, July 21, 2012

Home Decor and More blog hop...Day 2

Welcome to the Home Decor & More blog hop. 
This is a 2 day event, so be sure and join us both days for even more projects! 
Our host is Cicily the Pink Dalmatian Scrapbooker. 
If you came from Maria Matter then you're in the right spot. 
If you want to start from the beginner than head on over to http://pinkdalmationscrapper.blogspot.com/ 
and hop your way thru some amazing home decor. 
The Pink Dalmatian is giving away blog candy, you can see all the details on her post. Some of the other hoppers may be giving away candy to so be sure & check them out.
We all have drawers, closets & possibly rooms full of scrapbooking supplies. 
Those beautiful, colorful supplies don't have to be limited to our pages. 
We hope to inspire you to use your supplies in 
Home Decor projects that add that special touch to our homes.  
Thank you for making to the end of the hop. for my project
I recycled some toilet paper rolls to make these photo holders
I like me some toilet paper rolls, lol


I make them by cutting about an 1" of of one roll and then about 11/2" of the other. but you can decide how much. I just wanted then to be staggered in size. Then I used one of my sizzex die, Circles 1 to see what size I wanted the ends to be.


Then I glue one end down using the hot glue gun.
I filled them with rice so to weight them town to the very top. 
I didn't leave any room to make them into any sort of musical instrument, LOL
Then I glued the top on and painted them with a cream colored and 
I inked the edges with some chalk


I wrapped the pleated trim that I got from Karlas001
I added the decorative pin to make it look that it was holding it there.
I used one of the Tim Holtz memo pins and stuck it in the middle with a little hot glue and then added the flowers from Karlas001

*****
Thanks for stopping and looking at my Home Decor project.
We love comments and you should too,
they get you entries into the blog candy giveaways!
Thank you for making it the the end.
**************
In case you get detoured along the way, here's the blog lineup:




14 comments:

Lissa Marie said...

Very nice, looks like you put alot of work into that! Good hoppin with ya!

Unknown said...

i want to try this, and maybe suggest this to the teacher for a school art project. Always looking for ways to recycle. Thanks for sharing! i am a follower

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

Karons Krafty Korner said...

WOW - they are awesome. I love the fact they can't (!) be used for musical instruments - kids eh! TFS

Auntie Em said...

They certainly are a great disguise for TP rolls! lol I like the look of them in different heights.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

great photo holder

Pink Dalmatians said...

wow, these are very creative. i've never seen anything like this. TFS!

Unknown said...

You wouldn't even have known these were tp rolls if you hadnt mentioned it.

kkayskreations.blogspot.com

kkay2140204@yahoo.com

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Liz, this is a fabulously creative idea and so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Robin said...

Cute idea for "recycling" those tp rolls.

Robin
http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com
scrapdiva2011@gmail.com

Maria said...

EWow! These are gorgeous!!! TFS

mvasquez69 at aol dot com

Jeanette said...

very cute! I was looking at it and realized it was ribbon before I read it. lol love how it looks
Hugs Nettie

Ameya Home Rugs USA said...

After reading these above are you confused where to go for Buying Area Rugs, Bath Mats; suggested site AmeyaHome.com(Home Furnishing Company) is best for you. Shop today Handmade Rugs and get discount on purchase of each sale.

Metal Wall Art said...

What a nice craft. You can also tun tissue paper rolls into other decor pieces such ad pencil holder, doll decors and hanging/ dangling decors. Just add pretty sequins, gems and colored papers o you can paint on it. The ideas are really unlimited especially when you have an imaginative mind.

AC Repair Palm Beach said...

Really good information to show through this blog. Thanks...