Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Swap: Red White and Blue

I wanted to add the SWAP Button to the new swap that I'm participating in and now my blog looks different! I can't seem to get the picture onto the side bar.....
I'm excited to be part of this swap. The swap is over at the Sweet Goodness Swap It's been a while since I've been a part of one. My partners name is Melissa. I'm looking forward to connect with her. She left on a trip out of the country and we didn't connect before she left. She is returning today :)
Welcome back Melissa!

Last Friday I took the day off from work and participated at the CKC-Pasadena (Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Convention) I went with a girlfriend and her sister. We had a ball. I took three classes :Flock and Foil Flip Flop Annex; Learned to add a Jacobs ladder pages to a page, Everyday Life-Ali Edwards style Technique Tuesday ; in this class one tip that I really liked was to buy 8 1/2" x 11" card stock in white and cream. Cut in half and have them tent folded. buy envelopes to go with them. set them by your work area and when you finish a layout make a card similar to that layout. and little by little you won't need to buy cards. pair up with a buddy or two. The last class I took was 2009 latest and greatest with Basic Grey / Embellish IT! in this class I walked way with 4 layouts that were nice. I liked the vendor fair spent to much money there! but I got the Pink Zutter that I've been wanting for a while. I got all kinds of stuff that I've been wanting to get. I haven't taken everything out of the bags yet. I'm waiting for tonight once I have everything that needs to get done. because for me it's like Christmas when I go through my bags.

Now there is no excuse to start my projects: inspiration,motivated, new toys and many ideas.....

No comments: