Sunday, January 04, 2015

It's 2015!

Wow! I can't believe that it's January 4th! December flew by. So much has happened Since the last time I was here. I'll share a few events that happened...

  •  Our annual christmas cookie party. My Mom. sister and I have hosted this party for a few years now. There were 10 Bakers this year. We have Prizes for Best Cookie, Best packaging and Best Table Presentation. 


The Best Cookies
The striped cookie was the Winner
it was a cherry layered shortbread


Best Packaging was a tie.
The first one is this.
Look how cute the snow globes are. She used a gold fish bowl on top of a paper round box... how clever!


The Second one that tied was me! I made the bags from scratch. 
I also made the JOY sign. Below I'll have a tutorial for you.


Best Table Presentation 
This entry was by a First timer! 
I think our friends are a bit competitive!, LOL


Here are a few of the other entries.








Here is how I made the JOY sign. 
I used my explore to cut the chipboard. 
Let me tell you that the explore cut the chipboard like BUTTER!
I cut the moss to fir the letters


 I added the moss to the chipboard with hot glue gun




I love the way it came out. I added light to the letters last minute. 
I remembered that I had bought a 20 light string at the dollar store.
this is what it looked like


  • I made all kinds of cards and tags for my gifts




  • I unexpectedly got a new job! A friend out of the blew asked me if I would be interested in watching her children. I excepted the Nanny job. Three days a week. It's been such a joy. I'm loving it. It has thrown my world in a spin with the holidays, having my girls home and everything else. so needless to say I've just been a little crazy plus we leave to Hawaii on Saturday for a week!
I'm planning on sharing some of the crafty things I did last month. I hope you can stop by soon.
Thank you for taking a peek,
Liz


12 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow you ladies really do go all out. I love all the displays and would have had a hard time picking one. BL

Lori Comeau said...

Holy Cookie! This is by far the best cookie swap I have ever seen. BL

Tonya said...

Wowzers! I agree that is the best cookie swap I have ever seen. That makes me want to host one and I don't even bake…lol. Great job!

Your BL friend Tonya :-)

Nicole said...

It looks like you had a great holiday and the cookies look amazing!! BL

Lyne said...

What a lovely idea and project
Lyne - BL

Miranda said...

I love it! It looks like you guys had a blast! I've been wanting to do a cookie swap for years! TFS
Miranda :) BL

Anonymous said...

Wowo! All of them are amazing! BL

LisaM said...

Wow! All of them are amazing! BL

Sukie said...

Oh wow, what a fun idea, I love cookies so much! Everything is so beautiful and the decor is amazing! Love the sweet little tags too! Thanks for sharing all of the amazing pictures! BL

Beeceecreativity said...

amazing table decor.. fabulous creative and fun.. BL

Haidee said...

that is a MASSIVE amount of crafting TFS all your work from BL group

Sarah Biswabic said...

All the cookies look so yummy! I love how the space is decorated! BL, Sarah