Friday, April 13, 2012

Janet's Birthday Blog Hop


Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!
All my rowdy friends are coming over to party!

At this blog hop, it's a party!! 

Our fellow blog creators have come up with awesome projects from cards, to decor, to all sorts of ways to make your Birthday bash the best! 

Here at this hop, you get all the presents! 

Many of the blogs will offer their own "presents" 
I do have a Gift for one lucky follower her on my blog
just let me know if you if you are a new follower or that you are a follower
and I will use the random number generator to pick the lucky follower 
and 
Janet will be giving away a Cricut Cartridge- Birthday Bash!


I made a Birthday Card.
I stepped out of my comfort with this little card
I used the color navy. I've been attracted to it so hence 
the navy in the card


I used maya road chipboard butterflies that I inked navy and then 
I used glossy accents to give them a little shine


I used paper from studio calico from the Take Note 6x6 paper pack


The Happy Birthday stamp is from Lawn Fawn Grand Greetings 


You should have come from Tricia
If you didn't, you might want to go back and check. 
They could be wearing a lampshade if they've partied to much...
From here you need to go to Lisa Peters

If they're getting rowdy, just join in all the fun! Have fun!
If you get lost, the entire line up will be posted at Janet's
She'll be checking id's... just kidding... this is a famiy friendly event! 
And Happy Birthday to you! 
I'm either early or extremely late
in wishing you a Happy Birthday, but it's the thought that counts!


Thanks for Hopping with us today
~Liz

19 comments:

AJP said...

Oh Liz... this is great!!! I love the butterflies and lace. Fantastic job :)

Tricia said...

Glad you decided to step out of your comfort zone. I've been trying to do stuff like that myself...it's a challenge but sometimes end up with great results!

~Tricia
http://www.mycrazybubble.blogspot.com/

AmyJRockstar said...

Oh wow! This is sooooo beautiful! I never use navy either, but the color combo you chose here is fantastic!!! I might have to give it a go! Love that gorgeous bow. Great job, my friend!!!

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

jennyplace2 said...

Beautiful card, I love using navey, I think it adds such a rich look to your card. TFS!

Janet's Planet said...

Super card! Love it! Thanks for taking part in the party with me! Janet Royer

rlovew said...

I love the butterflies on the card. Rlovew1976@yahoo.com

Mimi said...

VERY pretty! Love this card. The butterfies are wonderful!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

TeresaK said...

This is just sooo pretty! I love the color combination! Wayyy to pretty for Miss Janet's bday! LOL!
Thank you for joining in!'
Teresa
happiqueen at aol dot com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Very pretty card! I'm a new follower.

Tami
http://www.scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Alljazzed2create said...

Butterflies are my favorite little critter, Great job on your card.

Pam
http://scrappinfabpam.blogspot.com/

Claire Spielman said...

Happy to see the close ups...the navy is terrific and the butterflies glossed up are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creative talent. Your captcha is a nightmare to read!!!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
DT MCCR
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Gloria Westerman said...

Very pretty!!! tfs

silvia said...

Pretty card!

Brendanc said...

Great techniques and inspiration!
Brenda
brndsmth@bellsouth.net

Sue D said...

Very pretty--I like the green with the navy.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Liz O. said...

Love this color combo! Beautiful card, TFS
Liz
Unikebyyes(at)yahoo(dot)com

Karenladd said...

Oh, I love the colors you chose for your card...so elegant!! Your step outside your comfort zone was a big success!
I'm a new follower.
kladd94803 at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

Love your card! It is SO BEAUTIFUL!

markers paint said...

The navy is terrific and the butterflies glossed up are beautiful. I like this colour combination. Everything is perfect in this.